Friday 29 June 2012

Refereeing...easy money? or Passion

   Hey guys, I am the guest speaker for today on the Reckless Tackle! I don't know about you, but I have absolutely fallen in love with refereeing. When I first started, I remember my father told me I had to take a 3 day long course and I was like OMG Dad I hate my life! That three day course happened to be one of the best things that ever happened to me!

   At first all I was doing was refereeing little kids, and they kind of just shoved us out onto the field after the program and were like okay... ref. I went there refereed for however long the game was and at the end of the month got a cheque. Slowly I began to assistant referee in the men's league. I was horrible at first and did not even know how to line.Now though with all the training and hard work of Neil our young assistants are some of the best that I have seen. I now could mostly care less about how much I get paid to referee, but more that I get to referee and have the experience to grow and mature as an official.

So leave a comment about why refereeing is a passion for you! or how maybe we could help you to understand and make it a passion for all of us officials here in Kamloops.

No stats! Sorry!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment