Tuesday 15 May 2012

Well, another tournament in the books!
And what awesome weather it was. The soccer tan is in fine form. 
I have two wrist watch tans. I look like I've been wearing thick handcuffs.
Sigh.

Just a thought about routine. I think it's important that officials develop a pre game routine. Maybe I'm a bit OCD but I tend to put on the ref kit the same way every game. I wear a certain badge ( I have 3), when I warm up I try and stick to a basic routine. I find this pre game routine... comforting. It puts me in a positive frame of mind and mentally focuses me for the task ahead. 

Had the pleasure of working with Emmi twice today. Always looking to improve, she is. Asks questions, she does and is intensely curious about correctly handling situations. A hallmark of a young jedi a great referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment